Data Acceptable Use Policy
The benefits and privileges available from NOBLE (“NOBLE Wi-Fi”) and the Internet in general, must be balanced with duties and responsibilities so that other users can also have a productive, enjoyable experience. This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) was designed to prevent unacceptable uses of our services and equipment as well as to ensure that we can provide the level and quality of services that our customers expect. Each NOBLE customer is responsible for ensuring that the use of all services provided to such customer complies with this Policy.
If NOBLE believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of this Policy (direct, or indirect, including violations by a third party) has occurred, it may take responsive action. NOBLE Wi-Fi is entitled to remove the offending material, establish immediate or temporary filtering, deny access, suspend or terminate NOBLE Services, or take any other appropriate action, as determined by NOBLE Wi-Fi, in addition to any remedies provided by any agreement to provide NOBLE Wi-Fi Services.
NOBLE may investigate incidents involving violations of this Policy, and such violations may subject the customer to civil or criminal liability. In the event of a criminal violation NOBLE Wi-Fi will co-operate fully with law enforcement.
The customer is solely responsible for use of their NOBLE Wi-Fi account, regardless if such use occurred without the account holder’s consent or knowledge.
NOBLE Wi-Fi may amend this policy at its sole discretion. The continued use of NOBLE Wi-Fi services after an amended policy has been posted here will be deemed as acceptance of the amended policy.
- PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
NOBLE Wi-Fi services must not be used for any activity that violates any local, provincial, federal, international or any other applicable law or regulation, including the distribution or storage of materials that are contrary to any applicable law or regulation. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or any other type of intellectual property;
- Posting any content that threatens, advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence or which provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence;
- Transmitting offensive materials including obscene, pornographic, indecent, hateful, defamatory or otherwise objectionable material; and
- Violating the personal privacy of another individual.
NOBLE Wi-Fi services must not be used to breach the security of any account, network, service, or other system of NOBLE Wi-Fi, or to gain unauthorized access to another network or system. Other security breaches include, but are not limited to:
- Attempting to gain access to any other person’s computer, software or data, without their knowledge or consent;
- Circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account (“cracking” or “hacking”);
- Interfering with service to any user, host or network (“denial of service attacks”) including, but not limited to, mail bombing, flooding of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service and attempts to crash a host; and
- Using or distributing tools designed to compromise security, such as password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools.
NOBLE Wi-Fi Services must not be used by any customer (or any of their customers) to send messages (including fax and voice traffic) that have the effect of preventing fair and proportionate use of NOBLE Wi-Fi Services by others. Other email violations include, but are not limited to:
- advertising, transmitting, or in any way providing any software, program, product, or service that facilitates a violation of this AUP or is designed to violate the NOBLE Wi-Fi AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider.
- sending unsolicited bulk messages, including, commercial advertising, unsolicited commercial messages, chain letters, charity requests, petitions for signatures and political or religious messages;
- sending messages to any user who does not wish to receive it, either to a NOBLE Wi-Fi account holder or otherwise;
- Spamming, whereby the customer sends numerous copies of the same or substantially similar messages to many account holders, or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with malicious intent;
- Spamming indirectly through the use of other service providers or transmitting email or content through other service providers in a way which indicates in any way that NOBLE Wi-Fi was involved in the transmission of such email or content;
- Altering the headers of email messages for the purpose of concealing the recipient’s or sender’s identity, or any other illegitimate purpose;
- Operating an unsecured email relay;
- Posting binary files to non binary newsgroups; and
- Attempting to evade filters of spamming
- SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT
The customer will indemnify and hold NOBLE Wi-Fi harmless from any claim brought by third parties relating to the customer’s use of NOBLE Wi-Fi Services. The customer must pay and defend all legal costs (including legal fees) arising from such claims. Upon receiving notice, the customer must immediately notify NOBLE Wi-Fi of any claim or potential claim involving their use of NOBLE Wi-Fi Services. Failure to do so gives NOBLE the right to defend such claims at the customer’s sole cost.
NOBLE Wi-Fi makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness of NOBLE Wi-Fi Services for a particular purpose. NOBLE takes no responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or other damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, loss of use, data, information or profits from delays, non-deliveries, mid-deliveries, or service interruptions, arising out of, or in connection with, customer use or access of any site.
NOBLE Wi-Fi may co-operate with other Internet Service Providers to discourage and resist any abuse of online procedure and policies. In the event that NOBLE Wi-Fi learns that one of its customers is using other networks in an unacceptable way, NOBLE reserves the right to take corrective action against such customer.
- CONTENT OF ONLINE MATERIAL
NOBLE Wi-Fi is not responsible for, and shall not be held liable for any damages resultant of any conduct, content, communications, goods and services available on or through NOBLE Wi-Fi Services.
- PRIVACY OF COMMUNICATIONS
NOBLE Wi-Fi may at all times monitor the performance of NOBLE Wi-Fi Services electronically to ensure its facilities are operating properly.
The customer acknowledges that NOBLE Wi-Fi has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or disclose the contents of private communications if NOBLE Wi-Fi, in its sole discretion, reasonably believes that such action is necessary:
(a) to comply with applicable law or valid legal processes;
(b) to protect NOBLE Wi-Fi’ rights or property;
(c) in emergencies where a person’s physical safety is compromised; and
(d) to enforce the terms of this policy.
NOBLE Wi-Fi is not obliged to inform the customer that such information has been disclosed or will be disclosed.
- QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
For any customers who may have questions or complaints regarding this Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report a suspected breach of this policy, please contact email@example.com.